This explains what we do with the personal information that you give us.
tleclerc.uk (“ us” or “we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “ Act”), the data controller is Medusa Cosmetics Ltd (“we” or “us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 07133337 and have our registered office at Medusa Apothecary, 26 High East Street, Dorchester DT1 1EX. Our VAT number is 983942960.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site such as your name, address, date of birth, and email address. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use member-only paid sections the Site, entering any competition or promotion, completing any surveys or contacting us for any other reason;
- records of your correspondence (if any) with us;
- details of transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfilment of your orders; and
- details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
CREDIT AND CARD DETAILS
Please note that we do not collect or process your credit card details. These are however collected and processed by our payment processing service provider, PayPal who collect and process payments. The collection and processing by PayPal of your credit card details and other personal data are governed by their respective terms and conditions.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Click this link to find out how to delete cookies.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers within the EEA. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will use our best endeavours to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use suitable procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to process your order, and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and ourselves; and
- to provide you with information regarding our products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
Except as provided below, we do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to third parties and will not share your personal information with third party advertisers.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- who help us run the Site, solely for the purposes of running the Site and performing the transactions concluded through the Site. These third parties include (but are not limited to) Karibu Hosting (who host our servers) and PayPal (who are our payment processors);
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use, Terms of Service or any other terms or agreements.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Our website integrates Facebook and Twitter, which means that if you subscribe to the services provided by either Facebook, Inc. or Twitter, Inc. you can use those services as integrated into our website. Your use of those services (and any related use of your personal information) will be governed by the applicable terms and conditions of Facebook, Inc. and Twitter, Inc.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.